Position: Management Analyst
Salary range: $45K - $65K, based on experience
Included Benefits:Flexible work environment, health care coverage, 401K, sick leave
Location: In-person in Washington, DC office or hybrid working possible
Deadline: Applications are processed on a rolling basis
Who We Are
Opportunity Consulting is staffing up to support its next phase of growth and impact, and the management analyst is a key role. Opportunity Consulting helps cities, school systems, public agencies, and organizations identify where they may contribute to gaps in inequality and find key levers for improving equity and opportunity for all. We are committed to the mission of helping public service organizations build initiatives, conditions, and competencies to improve outcomes and opportunities for those whom our institutions and systems have historically underserved.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic player on our small team. Your role focuses primarily on supporting Opportunity Consulting’s programmatic needs (70%), with a smaller percentage of your time (30%) in support of operational and administrative functions. You are detail-oriented, process literate, deeply analytical, and committed to the mission of improving opportunities for all. There is no typical day, so you enjoy wearing multiple hats. You are motivated to speak up, solve problems, follow through, and contribute your talents to the greater goals. You enjoy a highly collaborative team environment and are effective at managing your own time. As your skills develop, you take on increased responsibility.
The management analyst will effectively manage projects and administrative and operational assignments to support the firm's growth and development. This role requires proficiency in time management, attention to detail, organization, transparent communication, and interpersonal skills. The management analyst will participate in a variety of activities related to project coordination and organizational operations such as talent management, financial operations, social media management, events and meeting logistics, records management, writing and business development.
● Manage several organization projects including deliverables, budgets and reporting
● Coordinate team activities to accomplish project goals and deliverables
● Organize and execute personnel meetings
● Maintain partner contacts and ensure project compliance
● Procure supplies and equipment
● Prepare, disseminate and track contractual documents
● Organize and execute regular partner meetings
● Coordination with staff on the planning and execution of program activities and deliverables
● Support Opportunity Consulting staff in the execution of professional development activities, field expeditions, and other events as required by the project
● Support Opportunity Consulting staff in meeting and documenting objectives and deliverables
● Plan and participate in meetings, discussion groups and events that promote project visibility
● Bachelor’s Degree in business, education, policy or a related field
● 1+ years of proven successful project management experience
● Proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud Applications
● Excellent writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
● Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
● Ability to work independently, stay ahead of schedule, and know when to escalate a problem
● Ability to take ownership over deliverables and stay organized while managing multiple deliverables at varying stages of development
● Ability to work collaboratively with project teams, handle multiple tasks, and make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
● Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
● Must be based in the Washington, DC area
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience by April 30, 2022 to email@example.com. Place "management analyst" in the subject line and attach your resume and cover letter as one PDF.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualification of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.