Focus Group Facilitator
Position Title: Focus Group Facilitator (Contractor)
Contracted Salary: $500 per focus group (facilitation of 75-minute focus group, write-up of key findings, and analysis of themes)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com. Place “Focus Group Consultant” in the subject line and attach your resume and cover letter. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all
positions are filled.
The focus group consultant will facilitate focus groups and document key themes from each. These findings will help shape our recommendations by supporting qualitative and quantitative analysis of inequality among our clients, including synthesizing findings across multiple data collections. The consultant will have an opportunity to be part of a small and growing team of a
young company with collaborative leadership and supportive working environments.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing for each focus group by reviewing each focus group protocol (questions and script), set of objectives, and becoming familiar with the technology and technical features that will be used.
• Guiding focus group discussions using a script with questions, surveys, polls, and adhering to sound qualitative research practices.
• Documenting and analyzing focus group results (summary, key findings, themes, recommendations). Focus group documentation will be due 24 hours following the facilitation of each focus group.
• Ability to conduct focus groups in person or virtually.
• Ability to facilitate focus groups of 8-10 people either in person or using a web-based video conferencing tool.
• Knowledge and experience with qualitative data collection and analysis.
• Ability to write key findings and themes from each focus group.